Using a Smart TV with the correct VPN can help you access geo-blocked content like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and more. During this guide, I’ll share with you the easiest VPNs to use with a Samsung Smart TV and how to line them up.
So you just bought a brand new Samsung smart TV and you can watch your favorite shows and movies. But as soon as you launch the Netflix app and search for your favorite show, all you’ll see maybe a black screen with an error message saying it’s not available in your region. The reason you see that message is that most streaming platforms are geographically restricted.
Therefore, a VPN is the perfect solution. VPN apps cannot be installed directly on Samsung TVs, however. Don’t worry; there are ways to use a VPN on your Samsung Smart TV to gain access to unlimited streaming software. With the simplest VPN for Samsung Smart TV, you will take full advantage of TV streaming apps and access international content on your TV from anywhere in the world.
We’ve compiled a list of the easiest Samsung TV VPNs to help you unblock geo-restricted streaming services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and others.
Best Samsung TV VPN Services for 2021
To help you choose the right VPN service, I tried a few VPNs with my Smart TV. After extensive testing, I have created this list of the top six VPNs that are secure to unblock and stream:
ExpressVPN – 3,000+ Servers
ExpressVPN may be a top-notch VPN for Smart TVs, but a bit pricey compared to other VPNs. When it comes to unlocking Samsung TV apps, however, it is unquestionably the best choice. This is why so many people use their Smart TV to watch Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and other streaming content.
Plus, ExpressVPN makes it very convenient to align it with your smart TVs. It is your own custom router framework that is easy to use and compatible with different routers. I had no problem setting up my router with ExpressVPN because it worked quite well and it was erased in one go. It also sells pre-configured routers for users who do not want to affect the manual configuration.
It offers more than 3000 super-fast servers that are operational in more than 94 countries. This huge network of servers can help you unlock any streaming platform you can think of. ExpressVPN offers excellent P2P compatibility and is compatible with almost all devices and operating systems, including Samsung, Firestick, and Kodi smart TVs.
But one of the great things about ExpressVPN is its MediaStreamer Smart DNS feature. With the MediaStreamer feature, you are ready to spoof your DNS and gain access to whatever streaming content you want. Works great with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney +, etc.
If you want to use these features before purchasing, you will choose the ExpressVPN free trial until you are satisfied with the service. Overall, ExpressVPN is an excellent Smart TV VPN for users who will pay its price of $ 6.67 / month.
- In 94 nations, there are over 3000 servers.
- Provides outstanding customer service 24/7.
- Provides 5 multiple logins
NordVPN – 5,400+ Servers
NordVPN is well-known for its high levels of security and privacy. It offers more than 5400 servers in 59 countries, making it extremely reliable for unlocking geo-blocked content. NordVPN can be easily configured on your router so that you can access content without restrictions on your Samsung Smart TV.
Also, the great thing about NordVPN is that it uses obfuscation technology, which is meant to help you access geo-blocked streaming services like Netflix, Vudu, HBO, Hotstar, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and more on your Samsung Smart TV.
Similar to ExpressVPN, NordVPN also offers an optimized streaming feature called SmartPlay. This feature is built into NordVPN and doesn’t require any additional setup, which is great.
Above all, NordVPN is not going to put a hole in your pocket. Subscription fees are quite affordable considering the number of features it offers. You will get it for only $ 3.71 / month.
- More than 5400 servers are available in 59 countries.
- It is important to have excellent customer service 24/7.
- Smart TVs and other devices are easily compatible.
- Sometimes slow transmission speeds
Surfshark – 3,200+ Servers
Surfshark is known for being super affordable. Samsung TV. It is the only VPN that allows unlimited simultaneous connections per account. They are often easily configured to appear on your routers to connect your smart TVs and enjoy international content.
It is also very easy to configure on your router with the help of the simple guides available on the Surfshark website. I had no problem during setup and was ready to install Surfshark VPN on my Samsung Smart TV in a couple of minutes.
You can experience all the great features Surfshark offers on your Samsung Smart TV and other devices for just $ 2.49 / month or free for 7 days if you decide to try Surfshark’s free trial.
- Customer service that is successful 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Provides unlimited multiple logins
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Competitors offer more servers
PureVPN – 6,500+ Servers
Next, we have PureVPN. is a highly reliable VPN service known for its cool features. Offers a “built-in streaming mode” to help you unblock geo-restricted content on your Samsung Smart TV, with 6,500+ fast servers in 140+ countries. On my Smart TV, I can conveniently unblock Disney +, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, and other services thanks to PureVPN.
Setting up PureVPN with a responsive TV is a breeze too. On the PureVPN website, you’ll find simple setup guides for Samsung Smart TV and other devices. It is also very easy to use and a great option for beginners.
Above all, PureVPN provides outstanding live chat support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have any issues, you will always contact PureVPN chat support. PureVPN is also very affordable. you will get this VPN for only $ 3.33 / month.
- Provides 6500+ servers in 140+ countries
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- 256-bit military-grade encryption
- No ad blocker
CyberGhost – 6,500+ Servers
CyberGhost is another VPN known for its excellent service. It offers 6,500 servers in 90 countries to help you unblock everything you’d like to watch on your Smart TV, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and more. It can be easily configured on your router.
Also, a bit like PureVPN, CyberGhost offers a fanatic streaming mode that will help you stream content in HD quality without compromising on speed. It also comes with multiple security measures such as AES 256-bit encryption, kill switch, IPv6, and DNS leak protection to make sure all your traffic is encrypted.
You can easily use CyberGhost in conjunction with your Samsung Smart TV if you set it up on your home router, which by the way is extremely easy to try.
Also, CyberGhost is extremely affordable. It costs just $ 2.25 / month, offers 7 simultaneous connections, and comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- No logs policy
- 7 devices with a subscription
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Complicated applications
Private Internet Access – 29,000+ Servers
Moving on, we now have private Internet access. Because of its consistent speeds and connectivity, I’ve added this VPN to my Samsung Smart TV VPN list.
PIA comes with all the premium features including split tunnel, kill switch, and can unlock various streaming services. Although, offers pre-configured FlashRouters for VPN users who do not want to configure VPN on their router manually.
PIA offers an excellent impressive network of over 29,000 optimized servers capable of unlocking any geo-blocked content from anywhere in the world. It doesn’t have a fanatic app for Samsung smart TVs. However, you will set it up on a router or PC and then share a reference to your smart TV.
When it comes to affordability, PIA VPN costs just $ 2.69 / month. For that price of coffee, you can also get 10 multiple logins and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 23,548+ servers
- Fast speed for transmission
- 10 multiple logins
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Based in the USA.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a VPN for Your Samsung Smart TV
- Fast speeds – A VPN should have fast speeds to enable you to stream HD and 4K video.
- Unblocking streaming sites – A VPN should have powerful features that allow you to unblock Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and other streaming services.
- Massive server network – A VPN must have at least 1000 servers in all of the world’s major cities.
Using a DD-WRT router, set up a VPN on a Samsung Smart TV.
In my opinion, the simplest method to employ a VPN on Samsung Smart TV is through routers. Once you’ve set up a VPN, all devices on the router will have a VPN connection.
Below is the Samsung TV VPN settings for DD-WRT routers and Tizen OS:
- First, download the OpenVPN configuration files from any VPN provider.
- Head to your router’s settings by typing 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in your browser.
- After that, go to the “Services” tab and then to the “VPN” sub-tab.
- Then enable the “Start OpenVPN client” option.
- Now, inside the OpenVPN Settings Panel, start by entering the custom VPN settings listed below:
- Server IP or Name: Enter the .ovpn file or the server provided by your VPN provider.
- Enter the port address given by your VPN service provider.
- To use a tunnel system, select “TUN” from the drop-down menu.
- As for the tunnel protocol, you can choose between UDP and TCP.
- Encryption Encryption – Choose AES encryption encryption from the drop-down menu.
- SHA256 hash algorithm: Choose the SHA256 hash algorithm.
- Advanced Options – Select the advanced options for On.
- TLS encryption – Leave TLS encryption as unmarked.
- LZO Compression: Select LZO compression for Adaptive.
- NAT – Select NAT as Disabled.
- Firewall protection – Select firewall protection as Enabled.
- IP address: leave the IP address blank.
- Subnet mask: Leave the subnet mask blank.
- Tunnel MTU Setting – Select Tunnel MTU setting as 1500.
- UDP Fragment: Choose 1450 as the UDP Fragment.
- Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix: Choose Enable for Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix.
- Verification nsCertType – Confirm that it is marked as Check.
Note: The configuration of a VPN router depends on the type of router you have and varies from one VPN provider to another. If this setup process did not add your case, you will read our VPN Router blog if you want to install a VPN on routers with DD-WRT firmware.
How do I configure Smart DNS on my Samsung TV?
You will find the steps to fix Smart DNS on Samsung TV below.
Smart DNS can be a different technology that works almost like proxies and VPNs. It can effectively offer you the restricted sites without much hassle.
However, it does not encrypt user traffic, making it much less secure than VPN services. the shortage of encryption has the effect of creating faster Smart DNS services with the value of reducing security.
So if security is not your priority and you are looking for fast transmissions, then Smart DNS is often the right option for you.
Let’s dive into the steps to fix Smart DNS on your Samsung TV:
- Go to the “menu” on your Smart TV remote control.
- Go to Network> Select “Network Status”.
- Choose the IP settings.
- Open “DNS Settings” and choose “Enter Manually”.
- Enter the “DNS address provided by your smart DNS service”.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Now, restart your Smart TV once the connection test is complete.
Make sure the region of your Samsung Smart TV matches the services you would like to broadcast. for example, if you want to stream US channels like HBO or Netflix, you will have to change your TV’s region to the US.
Note: We still recommend that you choose a VPN service for added security and smooth streaming anywhere in the world.
Setup a VPN on a Samsung Smart TV (Android)
Setting up a VPN on a Samsung Smart TV with an Android operating system through any additional device is easy. will download a VPN app for Smart TV directly from Google Playstore.
This is how you will roll yourself in hay:
- On your Samsung Smart TV, go to Google Play Store.
- Look for any VPN services (PureVPN recommended).
- Download and install the VPN application on your TV.
- Log in to the VPN with your account credentials.
- Connect to your required server and start streaming.
Note: Installing a VPN app on a Samsung Smart TV is often easily done through the Google Play Store. But you will need additional hardware that will run the Android operating system to be ready to download apps on Samsung Smart TV.
Setup a VPN for your Samsung Smart TV on a PC or Laptop
You can find a VPN on Samsung Smart TV by sharing your internet connection from your PC or laptop. You will need to share the web connection from your PC to your Smart TV.
- Go to> Start Menu> dashboard> Network and Sharing Center> Change adapter settings.
- Now, look for the “tap adapter” connected together with your VPN provider.
- “Right-click” on it and go to “properties”.
- Then, click on the “Share” tab.
- “Check” the “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” box.
- Now click on the “drop-down” menu> choose the “Ethernet” connection that you just configured.
- Finally, restart your PC to finish the setup and use this connection on your Samsung Smart TV.
Note: We tested the post process with ExpressVPN and it worked like magic.
What Is The Purpose Of A Samsung Smart TV VPN?
Since Samsung uses the Tizen operating system for its smart TVs instead of the much more versatile Android operating system, people who want to access streaming services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, et al. are cursed with only proprietary apps that work in certain regions.
Now what it means is that if you’re in a region that doesn’t support the broadcast channel you’d like to access, they’ll just block you. Unfortunately, but this is how it works, and that’s a huge problem if you ask me. Now, this does not mean that there are no options available.
So what are you capable of doing? you’ll set up a VPN on your router, which can be a much more affordable option. If you go ahead and inspect the simplest VPN list for Samsung Smart, you will find different valuable options for your Samsung TV.
Samsung Smart TV has a ‘free’ VPN.
Besides Samsung TV premium VPNs, there are some free VPN services available on the market. However, free Smart TV VPNs should never be compared to a paid VPN service, as repeatedly, free VPNs are full of third-party trackers that bombard annoying ads on your browser.
Also, privacy concerns remain high when using free services, as a free VPN provider can sell your browsing history to advertisers. In addition, the number of servers, protocols, and functions of other free providers is less than the paid ones. beat them all, you’re getting to compromise tons.
For example, TunnelBear only offers 500MB to 1GB of knowledge per month. This may never be enough for anyone streaming tons of videos on Samsung Smart TV. This is often the reason why I can suggest that the paid ones be used. If you plan to choose paid VPNs, I suggest you explore our VPN offerings.
Now that you simply have the skills to align a VPN with your Samsung TV, let’s mention some of the most frequently asked questions about VPNs and Samsung Smart TVs.
Are VPNs compatible with Samsung Smart TVs?
Technically no, Samsung Smart TVs are not compatible with VPNs. This is often due to Samsung TVs running on the Tizen operating system which does not have native VPN support. But there are ways through which you will still use any VPN app alongside your Samsung Smart TV. I have covered various methods throughout this guide for your reference.
What applications on my Smart TV can a VPN help me unblock?
With the help of a VPN, you will be ready to unblock any geo-blocked app, considering that your Smart TV supports it. With my Samsung Smart TV and ExpressVPN, I downloaded Netflix, Hulu, and many more streaming apps.
Is it possible to use a VPN on my Smart TV without having to configure my router?
Yes, if you decide on the virtual router access point method that I showed you above, you are ready to use any VPN app on your Smart TV without configuring it on your router.
How do I change my Samsung TV’s IP address?
To change the IP address of your Samsung Smart TV, it will connect to any VPN server location. then you will get a replacement IP address and your original IP address will be hidden.
As smart TVs become more common, the need for a Samsung TV VPN is growing more and more. You discovered a VPN on your Samsung TV using one of the methods described above, and you should have access to a world of endless streaming.
To Read more similar articles click here
Thanks for visiting our Website. If you appreciate our work, kindly show us some support in our comments section 🙂