What are the benefits of physical activity?
Regular physical activity is vital to ongoing health. Especially important if you are trying to reduce or maintain a healthy weight. Article: Does Exercise Help You Lose Fat? (2021)
- As you lose weight, more physical activity increases the number of calories your body uses for energy or “burns”. Burning calories through physical activity, combined with reducing the number of calories you eat, creates a “calorie deficit” that leads to weight loss.
- Most of the weight loss occurs due to decreased caloric intake. However, the evidence shows that the sole thanks for the maintenance of the loss of load are to carry out regular physical activity.
- Most importantly, physical activity reduces the risks of disorders and diabetes beyond those caused by weight loss alone.
Physical activity also helps:
- Keep in weight.
- Reduce high vital signs.
- Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, stroke, stroke, and some other types of cancer.
- To Reduce arthritis pain and associated disability.
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis and falls.
- Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
What amount of exercise do I require?
When it comes to weight management, people vary greatly in the amount of physical activity they do. Here are some guidelines to follow:
Work your high to 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise, 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity, or a combination of the two hebdomadally to preserve your weight.
Physical exercise, according to empirical research, will help you control your weight over time.
However, the level of physical exercise needed ranges widely from person to person.
The actual amount of physical activity required to attempt this is always unknown.
To maintain your weight, you will be able to do the equivalent of 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week.
To cut it down and keep it off: You will need a lot of physical activity unless you can also adjust your diet and reduce the number of calories you eat and drink.
Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight requires both regular physical activity and a healthy eating plan.
What exactly do the terms “moderate” and “vigorous” mean?
Moderate: While doing physical activity, if your breathing and pulse are noticeably faster. But you are still carrying on the conversation, it is probably moderately intense. Examples include-
- Walk briskly (one 15 minute mile).
- Light work in the garden (raking/bagging leaves or using a lawnmower).
- Shovel light snow.
- Actively playing with children.
- Riding a bike at an improvised pace.
Vigorous: your pulse increases substantially and your breathing is too strong and fast to carry on a conversation, it is probably very intense. Examples include-
- Jogging run.
- Swimming laps.
- Roller skating / inline skating at a fast pace.
- Cross country ski.
- Most competitive sports (soccer, basketball, or soccer).
- Jump the rope.
How many calories are consumed on a daily basis?
The following table shows the calories used in common physical activities at both moderate and vigorous levels.
|Calories Used per Hour in Common Physical Activities|
|Moderate Physical Activity||Approximate Calories/30 Minutes for a 154 lb Person1||Approximate Calories/Hr for a 154 lb Person1|
|Light gardening/yard work||165||330|
|Golf (walking and carrying clubs)||165||330|
|Bicycling (<10 mph)||145||290|
|Walking (3.5 mph)||140||280|
|Weight lifting (general light workout)||110||220|
|Vigorous Physical Activity||Approximate Calories/30 Minutes for a 154 lb Person1||Approximate Calories/Hr for a 154 lb Person1|
|Running/jogging (5 mph)||295||590|
|Bicycling (>10 mph)||295||590|
|Swimming (slow freestyle laps)||255||510|
|Walking (4.5 mph)||230||460|
|Heavy yard work (chopping wood)||220||440|
|Weight lifting (vigorous effort)||440|
|Those who weigh more than 154 pounds (70 kg) can burn more calories per hour than those who weigh less. Adapted from Dietary Recommendations for Americans 2005, page 16, Table 4 external icon pdf icon [PDF-3.37MB].|
To Read more similar articles click here
Also visit our site for exclusive deals & coupons over here
Thanks for visiting our Website. If you appreciate our work, kindly show us some support in our comments section 🙂