Trey Gardner created GreenGeeks in 2008 and now has the capacity to host around 300,000 websites (with data centers in the US, Canada, and the Netherlands). Trey’s experience is significant as she has worked with eight different web hosting companies, including iPowerweb, iPage, StartLogic, Dot5Hosting, Globat, Lunarpages, Hostpapa, and now GreenGeeks. Check out our GreenGeeks review here:
On its website, GreenGeeks continues to form two claims:
So what is the verdict? Excellent uptime and wind support needed?
- 99.9% uptime
- 100% customer satisfaction
In June 2015, we bought the GreenGeeks “Shared Plan” to experience them. In order to run performance tests for over 24 months, we found a simple WordPress test website and Comprehensive performance statistics like uptime and speed are also accessed by clicking here for more information.
General Info & Hosting Overview: (GreenGeeks Review 2021)
|PRICING:||445ms (Feb 2018 to Jan 2021 average)|
|UPTIME:||99.98% (Feb 2018 to Jan 2021 average)|
|SUPPORT:||24/7 Live Chat with an expert|
|FEATURES:||Unlimited bandwidth, storage, and email accounts, free domain First year, backups, free SSL|
|APPS:||WordPress, Joomla, PrestaShop, and WHMCS|
|HOSTING PLANS:||Shared, WordPress, and Reseller|
|SITE TRANSFER:||Single Free Website Transfer|
|PRICING:||Starting at $2.95/mo (renews at $9.95/mon)|
Pros of GreenGeeks Review Hosting
There are many positives going for you at GreenGeeks. This suggests great uptime, support, and substantial mission-driven service. Details of GreenGeeks Review Pros are discussed here:
1. Above Average Uptime by GreenGeeks assessment
Best eco-friendly web hosting company GreenGeeks has made the bold claim of a guaranteed 99.90% uptime. Have they been willing to live up to your claims?
Yes. Our in-depth 24-month analysis supports this, showing an average uptime of 99.98%.
During the 24 months of follow-up, GreenGeeks had a powerful total of just 4 hours of downtime (46 outages) because They perform especially well in the last 12 months, keeping uptime in most months between 99.98 and 100%.
Have a look:
Average uptime for last 12 months:
- January 2020 Average Uptime: 100%
- December 2019 average uptime: 99.99%
- November 2019 average uptime: 99.99%
- October 2019 Average Uptime: 99.98%
- September 2019 average uptime: 99.98%
- August 2019 Average Uptime: 100%
- July 2019 Average Uptime: 100%
- June 2019 Average Uptime: 100%
- May 2019 average uptime: 99.99%
- April 2019 Average Uptime: 99.94%
- March 2019 Average Uptime: 99.98%
- February 2019 Average Uptime: 100%
2. Efficient load time page (445ms)
During our 24-month analysis process, we also checked the GreenGeeks page load times.
Its speed is above the industry average, with a clock of around 445 ms.
This easily puts GreenGeeks in the top 10 fastest hosts we’ve tested.
GreenGeeks Average Charging Time: (GreenGeeks Review 2021)
3. Good support with quick responses
Customer support was the definitive “big” item to review.
We got in touch with a customer support agent at one point, who then answered questions quickly and concisely.
The only problem?
There were some grammatical errors along the way. From our previous experience, we’ll dig into that a bit. Support may be outsourced to non-native English speakers, or your customer service representatives may be exhausted and overworked.
Whatever the case, overall, we are happy and satisfied with our experience. And, a background check revealed that other customers are also satisfied with GreenGeeks support.
Best Web hosting GreenGeeks has a 24/7 responsive customer service team and a deep knowledge base where users can search for answers to their questions.
This is an excellent benefit if you prefer self-help rather than asking a customer service representative for help.
Company GreenGeeks features a wide variety of categories and subcategories of things to decide, including sales questions, general hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, billing questions, video tutorials, and more.
You can use the search bar in case you cannot find your solution within the categories mentioned above.
That way, you still have access to the assistance you need, even though, for some reason, GreenGeeks’ live chat feature is offline.
4. Free Domain Name & Migrating Website
Web hosting GreenGeeks offers free name registration and transfer. If you get your name through them, they will keep it for free as long as you use their services, quite a bit. See the Cons section for the fine print.
If your website is already hosted elsewhere, they will help you transfer your site to their servers for free.
5. Environment-Friendly GreenGeeks in our review
GreenGeeks claims to be, well, green. What does that mean exactly?
Here’s how they explain it:
The service provider GreenGeeks will purchase 3x Wind Power Credits to produce the energy which will be used to powerup your website.
They quite replace 615,000 kWh per year. To give you a relative comparison, a typical American consumes 12,000 kWh of electricity per year.
Eco-friendly GreenGeeks may also be a recognized green energy partner of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
6. 30-day money-back guarantee
They have a 30-day, no-questions-asked full money-back guarantee on most hosting plans if you’re disappointed with the switch to GreenGeeks.
However, there are some exceptions. Inside the Cons section, read more about GreenGeeks Review Cons
7. Nightly backups
Sometimes bad things happen.
Maybe it’s self-inflicted, or it could be someone with malicious intent trying to interrupt. Regardless, GreenGeeks offers free nightly backups (in addition to SSH access). This way, you’ll sleep soundly, knowing that even if something goes wrong, your data is often protected.
For additional security measures, they also offer real-time security scanning, automatic brute force detection, Spam Assassin protection, SSL secure server, and thus the power to password protect your directories.
8. Multiple sites for high-quality servers
In four areas, GreenGeeks offers data centers:
- Chicago, United States
- Phoenix, United States
- Montreal, CA
- Amsterdam, NL
Choosing the correct server location can have a hugely positive effect on your website’s SEO. Also, you will find higher speeds if you select a server closer to you.
Web hosting Green-Geeks also assures customers that post-requisites can keep servers up to date:
- Never oversold
- Gigabit connectivity
- Current generation energy-efficient Intel Xeon processors
- 64 GB minimum ECC DDR3 registered memory
- No desktop hardware at all
- Gigabit BGP4 connectivity to many GigE Tier 1 fiber backbones
- Branded server parts
- RAID-10 SSD storage arrays for maximum performance and redundancy
- Solid State Drive (SSD) Acceleration
It doesn’t end there. The following features are included in each data center:
- Biometric and access card security system with humane traps and a rack-level locking mechanism
- SAS 70 Type 1 certified (with audit report available upon request)
- FM 200 server safe fire suppression system with built-in early fire detection mechanism
- Two city mains power supplies, plus a backup battery that has an automatic transfer switch and a diesel generator on site
- Staffed 24/7 by SingleHop data center engineers and technicians and remotely monitored
- Automatic air conditioning and temperature system with temperature and humidity sensors in all powers
Therefore, with GreenGeeks you will ensure that your data is stored on high-quality, state-of-the-art servers.
9. Free CDN by Green Geeks
Everyone interacts with a Content Delivery Network (CDN) on a daily basis if they browse online so whether they are viewing news sites, social media pages, or shopping online.
GreenGeeks offers a CDN to users who work with Cloudflare. This is usually great news if you have a global reach, as it helps you optimize your site.
The best part? it is absolutely free.
Cloudflare allows users to cache content and use the servers closest to website visitors to urge it to deliver leading to much faster web browsing for your website visitors.
Cons of GreenGeeks Review Hosting
All that glitters, sadly, is not gold.
There are a couple of things to consider before making a final judgment, considering all the benefits of GreenGeeks. Here we discuss these in our GreenGeeks Review:
1. Industry standard price manipulation
Best hosting GreenGeeks follows the tried-and-true standard strategy of the advertising industry on their website at a very low monthly fee of $2.95 so just to mean you still need to subscribe three years early.
Or else, if you want to pay monthly, it would cost you $9.95 per month.
- PER MONTH
2. Questionable refund policy
Many web servers will contribute an internet site name for free once you create a replacement account with them.
GreenGeeks also offers you a free name with them.
Otherwise the value can range from ~ $3.00 – $9.99 per year.
But remember the fine print:
If you request the aforementioned money-back guarantee and keep it in addition to that “free” name offer, your refund will be deducted from $24.95 for a website name registration fee.
This means that the name is not really free, so your money-back guarantee has some conditions.
GreenGeeks Review Pricing, Hosting Plans, and Quick Facts
Here’s a quick overview of the GreenGeeks hosting plans on offer:
|Lite Plan||Pro Plan||Premium Plan|
Re-news at $9.95/mo
Re news at $14.95/mo
Renews at $24.95/mo
|Other Features||–||• PowerCacher||• Dedicated IP|
• Premium Wildcard SSL
WordPress Hosting – Your WordPress hosting is actually equivalent to your shared hosting plan, apart from WordPress it seems to be particularly improved. We haven’t tried it yet, but we will soon.
Fast Facts about GreenGeeks in Review
- Free domain? And it is.
- Ease of Registration – Simple registration process.
- Money back: 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Payment methods: MasterCard, PayPal.
- Fees and hidden clauses: your account must not use 100 pc of 1 CPU core and/or 1 GB of memory, or 20 simultaneous connections, or 75,0000 files, otherwise you will risk account suspension. If a bill due is not paid within four days, your account will be suspended and you will need to pay a $15 reactivation fee to get your account back online.
- Upsells: no upsells.
- Account Activation: Quick account activation.
- Dashboard Control Panel and Experience: cPanel.
- Application and CMS Installation (WordPress, Joomla, etc.) – 1-click installation tool to easily install popular applications and CMS.
Do We Recommend GreenGeeks?
Upon, doing the GreekGeeks review, we found that GreenGeeks has more extensive planning than just providing web hosting, and we like that. They aren’t necessarily the only ones we’ve seen, but they do provide solid speed, uptime, and good customer support.
For those reasons, you should consider reviewing them.
Just remember that you will simply need to check in the future if you want to urge a minimum fee. that your “free domain” and “money-back guarantee” will not be as strong if you choose to request a refund.
We trust that this article helped you make an informed decision. If you like this article please support us in the comment box. 🙂