Best Supplements for a Leaky Gut: When there is tearing along the lining of your intestines, the condition is referred to as leaky gut syndrome, or simply leaky gut. While the lining of your intestines should be somewhat permeable, when holes or tears appear in the gut lining, you experience inflammation and become at risk for a variety of diseases.
The causes of leaky gut syndrome may include dietary choices; however, it may be due to a stress-heavy lifestyle, problems with maintaining a healthy weight, and even the overuse of antibiotics. Poor gut microbiome, meaning when the balance of bacteria in your gut is distorted, is also a cause for leaky gut. Ultimately, when leaky gut syndrome occurs, it’s because the natural balance between the good and bad bacteria inside your gut has been thrown off.
Although this condition is associated with many unpleasant symptoms, you will be relieved to know that leaky gut supplements can help restore the gut lining, essentially reversing the condition. Leaky gut supplements contain probiotics, which are essential when it comes to healing your leaky gut.
Good leaky gut supplements use natural, top notch ingredients in special formulations to target your intestinal lining and improve your overall gut health. In addition, these supplements also improve your immune function, which protects you on your healing journey from leaky gut symptoms.
Table of Contents
In the list below, we include five top leaky gut supplements that assist with getting you back on track with your gut health, your immune health, and your overall well being.
5 Best Supplements for a Leaky Gut
- COA Performance Probiotic – Best for Probiotic + Digestive Enzyme Support
- Probulin – Widest Product Variety for Complete Gut Support
- Vitauthority – Gut Health Support + Organic Superfoods
- Lyfe Fuel – Easy to Swallow Gut Support
- Seed – Gastrointestinal Support
An In-Depth Look at the Top 5 Leaky Gut Supplements
1. COA Performance Probiotic – Best for Probiotic + Digestive Enzyme Support:
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Improves your skin health
- Supports digestive health
- Improves immune health
- Formulated for adults only (18+)
The COA Performance Probiotic was formulated to nourish your gut flora with a total of 10 strains that provide beneficial probiotics and three digestive enzymes to support your immune system and increase the good bacteria in your gut. The formula of this leaky gut supplement was designed specifically to support your immune system, improve your digestive health, and improve nutrient absorption from the healthy foods you eat.
Along with those benefits, COA Performance Probiotic also assists in the reduction of gut and bowel issues and helps you maintain overall gut health. Your gut is home to 70% of the cells that make up your immune system, which makes balanced microflora crucial in your overall health. It’s the good bacteria in your gut that works overtime to keep away pathogens, which are basically disease creators, and keep you from contracting illnesses.
Your intestinal health and immune health are closely connected, and research demonstrates that probiotics can give your immune system the leg up it needs to keep you protected. Taking an everyday probiotic such as COA’s Performance Probiotic balances your healthy intestinal bacteria and reinforces your body’s natural defense system.
The main ingredients including in this probiotic include:
- Probiotic Bacteria – a 10-strain probiotic combination that promotes the delivery of 20 million probiotic bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract.
- Inulin – helps the bacterial growth process for proper bowel function and overall health of your intestines.
- Enzymes – The formula includes a total of three enzymes:
- Lipase to assist with fat digestion
- Amylase breaks down carbs and starches
- Protease to convert proteins into amino acids
- Vitamin D3 – supports your bones and teeth by regulating the calcium and phosphate of your body. It also helps you maintain a healthy immune system and supports your muscles as well.
You also have better digestive health when supporting your immune system with probiotics, meaning fewer gut problems. In addition, you improve the ability of your body to absorb nutrients, so that you can maintain overall intestinal health.
2. Probulin – Widest Product Variety for Complete Gut Support:
- Shelf stable, refrigeration not required
- Hypoallergenic and vegan
- Dairy free & gluten free
- Soy free & non-GMO
- Only shipping within the US is free
Probulin was created to support a healthy microbiome and provide you with health that starts from the inside and reverberates outwardly. Probulin operates under the belief that probiotics are just as indispensable as the essential vitamins you include in your daily supplement regimen.
Probiotics are digested differently, depending on how they’re encapsulated and what they contain, so Probulin created what they call “the next generation of digestive probiotics” with multi-strain complete gut health support. Your probiotic should include a prebiotic fiber, which is essential for the survival of the good bacteria in your gut.
In addition, Probulin knows that more isn’t always better. It’s why they follow what the evidence suggests and provide up to 20 billion colony forming units (CFUs) in their formulas. And proper delivery of all the goods is vital for viability, which is why they developed a scientifically validated MAKTrek® 3-D Probiotic Delivery System.
With Probulin digestive probiotics, you have a solid base of ingredients that include:
- Seaweed Extract – to keep your stomach acid and bile from destroying the beneficial probiotics in their formulas.
- Lactobacilli Bacteria – a key probiotic bacteria found primarily in the small intestines that is known to support the immune system.
- Electrolytes Minerals – a critical element that promotes the survival of all probiotic bacteria by creating a balanced water environment. This is known as isotonic balance.
- Prebiotics – the probiotics’ food resources, which aid in their survival once delivered.
- Bifidobacteria – a vital probiotic bacteria found primarily in the large intestines and that is known to help with issues such as constipation and diarrhea.
Probulin has a variety of probiotic products that you can choose from, including colon support, immune support, and even a product for kids. The best thing about all their products is they are crafted with brown seaweed, which creates a secondary barrier to protect the beneficial bacteria being delivered into your body. It’s like they’re contained within a tiny submarine, only to be let loose once they’ve reached their destination in your gut.
Along with the protection offered by the brown seaweed submarine, they ensure activation is brought about with balanced hydration. Since the bacteria held within the capsules are in a dormant state before reaching your gut, sudden activation can cause them to over hydrate and perish. But with their proprietary isotonic delivery, the probiotics are protected for survivability during the activation process.
3. Vitauthority – Gut Health Support + Organic Superfoods:
- Reduces inflammation & bloating
- Improves digestion
- Provides immune system support
- Try for 60 days risk free
- Zero fillers, dyes, & 100% non-GMO
- Best results require three capsules be taken before breakfast
SBO Probiotics + Greens by Vitauthority contain 50 billion CFUs along with organic superfoods that strengthen your gut health and boost your immunity all in one. When you’re experiencing the symptoms of leaky gut syndrome, you know you need good probiotic support to help improve your digestive function and strengthen your intestinal lining.
Soil-based organisms are present in each serving of Vitauthority’s SBO Probiotics + Greens (SBO). Soil-based organisms refer to a new and distinct class of probiotic supplements based on the understanding of how bacteria collaborate in the human body. These probiotics, which are naturally found in organic fruits and veggies, are intended to be a natural part of your diet, which means they are designed to survive and provide you with massive health benefits.
Within the SBO Probiotics + Greens formula, you’ll find the following ingredients:
- Bacillus Coagulans (Soil-Based) – untreated vegetables and fruits contain this class of probiotics. They colonize in your gut and provide you with all of the advantages you’d get through regular consumption of organic foods, including better digestion and immunity.
- Organic Spirulina – a potent antioxidant that helps you cope with stress by fighting free radicals. It’s also thought to help with physical endurance and digestive health.
- Organic Broccoli – to help improve the cardiovascular, immune, and respiratory systems.
- Organic Spinach – vitamins and carotenoids are packed into this veggie to help you stay healthy.
- Organic Kale – loaded with vitamins and high in antioxidants.
This unique formula infused with organic superfoods improves your body’s ability to absorb nutrients and works toward reducing the symptoms associated with leaky gut, like gas and diarrhea.
4. Lyfe Fuel – Easiest to Swallow Gut Support:
- Promotes mood balance
- Supports cognition
- Eliminates pathogens
- Improves digestion & nutrient absorption
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Due to popularity, product may be out of stock on occasion
Lyfe Fuel is a high potency formula for digestion and immunity that is contained within a once-a-day mini capsule that’s really easy to swallow. Within the capsule are 50 billion microorganisms ready to work toward the restoration of your gut microbiome. With this leaky gut supplement, you’ll experience benefits that include better digestion, higher nutrient absorption, and boosted immunity.
In your gut, you may feel the seeming war that’s been brewing. Bad bugs and pathogenic substances are working tirelessly to destroy your healthy flora. The probiotics you ingest are best supported when they’re well-fueled with prebiotics, which are the food source probiotics turn to in order to keep thriving.
This formula includes the following ingredients:
- Lactobacillus Strains – a probiotic that protects your body from viral infections. It’s also often used to aid with weight loss and inflammation reduction.
- Bifidobacterium Strains -provides support for your gastrointestinal, immune, and digestive systems.
- Prebiotic Fiber – provides necessary nutrition for the bacteria in your digestive tract. In addition, prebiotic fiber aids in calcium absorption and provides protection for your bones.
Understanding what’s going on inside your gut is the first step toward achieving radiant skin, reaching your goal weight, improving your mood, and overcoming health obstacles. The ability of the body to digest food, absorb key nutrients, and manage stress is all dependent on trillions of microorganisms that live in your stomach. Unfortunately, the modern world has made it increasingly difficult to maintain a happy and thriving gut microflora, making it a major health concern.
This is where the Super Probiotic comes in to save the day. The easy-to-swallow capsules are an ideal complement to whole food plant-based diets and the best way to restore and protect the gut during antibiotic use, frequent travel, and periods when stress tries to take you down.
5. Seed – Gastrointestinal Support:
- Free US shipping
- 30-day risk-free guarantee
- Vegan & gluten-free
- No preservatives
- Dairy-free & soy-free
- Orders are fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis
Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic was developed for gastrointestinal + whole body health. To promote systemic health, they created a proprietary blend of 24 clinically and scientifically studied broad spectrum strains. The benefits from this symbiotic blend include strains that not only support your gut health, but that also support gut barrier integrity, gut immune function, cardiovascular health, dermatological health, and even micronutrient synthesis.
With the right combination of probiotic strains, you get a product that supports your digestive system to ease bloating and encourage healthy, regular bowel movements. In addition, it was formulated to reinforce healthy stool hydration to combat constipation and to support gut ease when the intestinal transit time takes a little longer than usual.
The capsule that holds the probiotics was also carefully created to safeguard viability, meaning the probiotics contained within each dose are 100% protected to be delivered fully to your gut, without any of the good bacteria being affected through your digestive process. Along with protection from your digestive process, the capsule also has great shelf-life, meaning you are not required to refrigerate the probiotics to keep them alive.
The ingredients included in the formulation of this leaky gut supplement include several blends:
- Digestive Health / Gut Immunity / Gut Barrier Integrity Probiotic Blend
37.0 Billion AFU
- Dermatological Health Probiotic Blend
3.30 Billion AFU
- Cardiovascular Health Probiotic Blend
5.25 Billion AFU
- Micronutrient Synthesis Probiotic Blend
8.05 Billion AFU
- Microbiota-Accessible Polyphenolic Precursors™ [MAPP]
Seed works with a new standard when it comes to leaky gut supplements. They prioritize survivability because probiotics are useless unless they make it to your colon in their thriving, alive state. With their ViaCap® technology, the bacteria are kept alive and viable, even through your natural digestive process, which incorporates stomach acid and bile. Plus, they keep the capsule natural, avoiding any synthetic or chemical components.
Seed also considers bio fermentation in their formulation process because how bacteria are cultivated impacts their sustainability. They optimize their bio fermentation process for pH and temperature, along with 28 other vital growth considerations. Finally, they complete extensive testing throughout each step of their manufacturing process and the final product to ensure only the highest quality.
What Are the Symptoms of a Leaky Gut?
When you have leaky gut syndrome, your intestinal lining has become so permeable that partially digested food particles, toxins, and other damaging bacteria can pass through the gut lining to contaminate your bloodstream. Intestinal permeability often results in digestive discomfort, including indigestion and issues with your bowel movements.
Some people may also experience cognitive issues, like a lack of mental clarity and an inability to focus and concentrate for extended periods. In addition, some people report feeling incredibly lethargic, lacking motivation and their usual endurance for day-to-day activities.
Symptoms of leaky gut syndrome can also include:
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Skin problems, such as rashes and acne
- Joint pain
- Widespread inflammation
In addition, research shows a link between a leaky gut and other health conditions, including:
- Diabetes – a group of several diseases that result in high blood glucose levels.
- Chronic Liver Disease – a progressive decline of liver functions.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – an intestinal condition that causes pain in the abdominal area and causes diarrhea and constipation.
- Celiac Disease – an immune reaction that includes bloating and diarrhea following the consumption of gluten.
It is still unclear if leaky gut causes these conditions or if it is a symptom once the condition has already developed. Along with the association to the health conditions listed above, leaky gut syndrome is also suspected to detrimentally affect mental health, resulting in conditions like depression and anxiety.
Probiotics are an essential part of your diet to promote a healthy gut and live a healthier life. Leaky gut symptoms may make you feel like a prisoner of the war going on inside your stomach. With a well-formulated leaky gut supplement, you can enjoy the many benefits associated with a balanced gut through the inclusion of probiotics in your daily supplement arsenal.
You can increase nutrient absorption from the nutritious foods you eat, and you can have better immune function, thanks to the boost probiotics offer. Remember to consider how the foods you eat impact your gut health and begin to implement more plant-based options into your diet. Though the transition may take some time, with the support of leaky gut supplements, you can experience relief and healing from the woes associated with having a leaky gut.
For the best rated gastrointestinal support, choose the Seed probiotic but if you’re looking to incorporate some digestive enzymes along with probiotics in one product, you may prefer the COA Performance Probiotic. If you’re not a fan of having to swallow multiple capsules, you may benefit most from the mini capsule you can take, which is offered by Lyfe Fuel.
If you’d like to choose from a wide variety of different probiotic support products and would like to get your family, including children, on a regular gut support regimen, try Probulin’s probiotic products. And finally, if you’re interested in combining gut support with the many benefits of organic superfoods, you’ll enjoy Vitauthority’s probiotic product. You don’t have to live with a leaky gut – choose the probiotic that works for you and get started on your healing journey today!
For More amazing articles related to Health Check out our website Over Here
To Read more similar articles click here
Thanks for visiting our Website. If you appreciate our work, kindly show us some support in our comments section 🙂